Sunday, July 03, 2005

Breakfast is wonderful at Conrad

I shall set my irritability and frustrations aside and try to focus on what had went well today.

I like breakfast at Conrad Centennial Singapore. The Sunday breakfast buffet at the hotel's Oscars Cafe & Terrace is a good treat for breakfast lovers like myself.

I love the walnuts, the smoked salmon, the cereals, the muesli, and the scrambled eggs. The spread of cheese is also interesting if you enjoy sampling cheese. The Japanese food selection though limited, complements the Western-style breakfast. I personally prefer a Western-style breakfast, but I did not mind having the Japanese food selection. The miso soup was quite nice. By the way, the fruit juices are lovely, and simply fresh. The other food items are alright, but those things that I like about the restaurant's breakfast spread more than make me contented with the breakfast buffet in general.

It costs $29+++ per person for the regular Sunday breakfast buffet. The best part is that the breakfast buffet is served from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. For a breakfast lover, what could be more lovely than this?

If you like breakfast the way I do, I must say it is quite a treat. While I may be guilty of advertising for the restaurant (without getting any commission), I shall anyway reveal the contact number of the restaurant in case you hope to make further enquiries. The contact number of Oscars Cafe & Terrace (Conrad Centennial Singapore) is: Tel: 6432 7481

If you would like more than breakfast, from 11 a.m. on Sunday, you could pay $42 +++ per person (i.e. an additional charge of $13+++ per person) to combine the breakfast spread with the carving of the day.

Anyway, back to today's breakfast. I was honoured to have the company of Jing and her father for today's breakfast. Before we meet up this morning, I was not sure if I would make a good conversationalist when Jing's father is around, but I survived. He is nice man and is quite easy to relate to.

Later, he left to attend to something else. That left me and Jing to continue to enjoy the breakfast while catching up with one another. Jing got some cheese and she showed me how to sample the cheese and eat the different cheeses with dried apricot and with ham. It was a brilliant idea. The cheddar cheese went lovely with ham, and the creamy cheese (I have no idea what its name is) went just right with the dried apricot. So, now I have new ideas to cheese sampling.

Later after the meal, Jing offered me to get a lift on her dad's car. He drove back to the hotel to give Jing a lift to the gym. I had only intended to get a lift to the nearby MRT station. But when Jing's father got to know I was heading for rehearsal in the university, he gave me the lift there. I must have been caught unaware because only when I saw that he was driving along one of the expressway did I realise that he was not going to send me to a nearby MRT station, but to the university instead. If I had taken a MRT train and then a bus to the university, it would take me about an hour to reach the rehearsal venue. But with his kind offer to give me a lift, it took only 10 minutes. For his kind gesture, I am grateful. Jing is a lucky lady to have such a nice father. I just hope that the detour did not cause Jing to be late for her weight-classes at the gym.

No comments: