Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bomb blast in London

I had first got to know about the above-mentioned news through my friend, Mystic, when I was having a phone conversation with her.

It caught my concern since I would be going for London in about a month's time. Furthermore, London has been constantly on the newspapers earlier today because it has won in the bid to host the 2012 Olympics.

From Yahoo! News: Four London Blasts Kill 40, Injure 300

And when I read the news in greater detail, I realise that Russell Square where I hope to stay when I am in London this August was affected by today's bomb blasts. Anyway, I shall still visit London. I keep my fingers crossed that the trip would be a safe one for me.

Of course, this incident reminds me that life can be unpredictable.

It bothered me that lives were lost when people try to make their stand on certain issues. What makes it necessary for violence to be used?

What would be necessary for people to appreciate the value of life and of peace?

No comments: