Thursday, June 02, 2005

Wish me good health please

My voice must have been most sexy for today. Too much coughing from yesterday and the blocked nose have all made my voice more nasal and somewhat husky. At times, I almost lost my voice. I would rather whisper than to speak up.

Yet, I should be on the road to recovery, I hope. At least my nose is not as runny as the past few days. The body feels less tired.

***
I have no idea what I should expect of my writings on this post today. I shall not have any expectations. Writing shall be random. My body defence system is busy fighting the virus to have time to focus on writing. Yes, what a lame excuse!

***
Yesterday, attended orchestra rehearsal. I reckon I was well enough to play music. My respected double bass tutor was overseas so there was no sectional yesterday.

For yesterday rehearsal, we played the fourth movement from Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony and Mendelssohn's Fingals Cave. I managed to play one passage from the Tcahikovsky's Fifth Symphony better than I had used to be, and I shall celebrate this little success that I had.

Someone ought to vacuum the rehearsal room (which happens to be a temporary rehearsal venue for the orchestra) and to air the room with fresh air. The room was terribly dusty! I had to cough constantly. If not for pure discipline to try to hold myself from coughing while the playing of the music was going on, I might have coughed every single second while I was in the room. Perhaps it was because of the poor rehearsal environment that had worsened my cough?

Anyway, thank goodness rehearsal had been fun enough to take my focus off the dust in the room.

***
Today is my supervisor's last day at work. She gave each of us a piece of delicious brownie in rich chocolate fudge as a token of appreciation.

She shall be missed.

At the end of the work day, she gave me a lift back home on her car. I was almost losing my voice but I still find myself trying to catch up with her. Maybe the next time we catch up would be goodness know when?

***
Maybe the entire office must have heard my voice going bad. Colleagues noticed the change in my voice.

When the voice goes bad because it is sore and full of phlegm, it is when talking can become much more a chore. Already, the introvert in me has lesser preference to express myself verbally. Yet, maybe when one is at the verge of losing one's voice, one might treasure its use enough to talk more? What logic am I talking?

My intern I am supervising is thoughful to offer me lozenges. Now I know blackcurrant (I think that was the flavour) flavoured lozenges can taste quite good. Thanks.

***
Not making any sense in this post, I seem. So maybe I should continue to be on sick leave from the blogosphere?

My fingers must have been eager to find their way to express themselves, i.e. through typing. As such, I am now writing a post on this blog. My voice must have entrusted my fingers the task of expressing myself to the world out there.

If there's anything I ask, please wish me good health. Thank you.

6 comments:

mistipurple said...

wishing you good health dear ocean. you will get better soon i am sure. just remember to do all things possible to keep your health in check, and you can only get better! :)

crazycat said...

ocean, i will wish u good health, but u cannot eat the brownie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it will juz makes ur throat worse!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi mistipurple and cat, thanks for your kind wishes.

oh dear, I ate the brownie already. I thought brownies must be eaten fresh...

Now I cough so bad, that I could not get to sleep. Any remedies.

mistipurple said...

this advice might come a little too late for the coughing. but ya, sip hot water. if the throat hurts too much, make that luke warm. it helps take away some phlegm that might be irritating your throat. also bring along a bottle of water on your way to work. helps during your trip.

pinkie said...

Avoid stuff that can make it worse and drink lotsa water please... u take care k...

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks too Stephanie and Pinkie.

Mistipurple: Yes, I make sure I have a bottle of lukewarm water with me to drink, and have been topping it up quite frequently.

Stephanie: Yes, earlier this evening, I ate lots of vegetables. There were lots of vegetables in my soup, as well as salad.

Pinkie: Ok, noted. I avoid eating green curry chicken for yesterday's dinner, despite having a strong craving for it.