Sunday, June 05, 2005

North Star

The night is getting dark, and somehow I thought of the stars. I remembered that especially in the past, the North Star has been used as a navigation aid.

If there is such thing as a navigation aid to my life and it is made known to me, I shall make efforts to learn to use it well. Albeit that I do not know of such an aid. I could only learn to use that internal compass within me. An internal compass that sometimes gets quite shaky. There must have been too much disturbances out there.

I did a quick search for information about the North Star, and I got to know that the North Star isn't fixed. This is news to me. I beg your pardon if you do find me ignorant. I am not schooled in astronomy.

Here's the link:

3 comments:

Waterfall said...

I'm not schooled in astronomy either, but I think a lot of people don't know that little fact about the North Star. I certainly didn't.

I find that quiet time and long walks help me to "tap in" to that internal compass. Take care, Pei Yun.

Hilda said...

My own internal compass is fluctuating quite a bit these days too. I know how disconcerting this can be.

Perhaps we do both need some quiet time to allow things to settle back in.

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful