Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Meme: 5 Things I Miss

Lora tagged me with this meme. Permit me to attempt this then.

First, the procedure:
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog’s name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.

1. The Cerebral Outpost @ http://thecerebraloutpost.blogspot.com
2. JustaskJudy @ http://justaskjudy.blogspot.com
3. Loose Leaf @ http://looseleafnotes.com
4. Black Currant Jam @ http://blackcurrantjam.blogspot.com
5. Pei Yun @ http://oceanskies79.blogspot.com

Next, five things I miss about my childhood:

I miss the time when my father would bring myself and my brother to various places of interests upon my request. We have been to places like the zoo, the bird-park, museums etc. There were time when we went almost every Sunday.

Come to think of it again, it might have been a luxury. Admission charges for some of the places can be not too cheap considering that my father has to pay for himself and the children. Furthermore, there are costs involved eating out and getting to the places by public transport. Yet my father still took time to take us there.

Maybe I must learn to be more appreciative of his way of showing love to us children. I tend to feel that while my parents may love me but they don't quite know how. But I guess I have to gradually learn to receive their love in the way they best know how to give?

**
I miss the time when my maternal grandmother would cook various dishes for our meals. She used to live with our family, and was the caregiver for me and my brothers. Now she is living in a different household, I do miss her cooking and her concern.

**
I miss having to show off my drawings and artworks to my grandmother after I have completed them. Please know that I have a huge craving for praises and positive attention. By the way, I think I should have drawn relatively well to deserve some praises. And of course, I did.

**
I miss being able to find interest in tagging along with my mother when she goes shopping. I remember she brought me and my brother to various shopping centres in Singapore at least once a fornight. Then when we were out at the shopping centres, myself and my brother would try to amuse ourselves by going to the children's corner (if there was any), or going to the children's section and try out the toys. If I were to tag along with my mother now, I fear I might be bored from shopping, or I might be stressed by having to bear with the crowds.

**
I miss the time when I go out for excursions organised by the school or the Social Studies Club that I was participating in. I like outings.

Finally the tags
I am asking if the following people might wish to respond to this meme:
Mistipurple (when she is very free), Emily (when she needs a break from music), JY (if she won't mind sharing) and Crazy Cat (when she feels like it).

Thanks for responding, if you have decided to.

5 comments:

crazycat said...

hehe, i kena tagged liao.. wait a bit ok? busy busy with work lately.. hehe.. i will definately do it!!! :)

mistipurple said...

haha cat told me i was tagged, and i came running in! okie ocean, no problem! it will be fun!

Lora said...

Yes the time and love we share with family it something that can never be replicated.

Emrah said...

I just miss being a child again. :-)

mistipurple said...

hee hee. i've done it! *jump jump hop hop*