Monday, June 13, 2005

Life has its pains

Not quite a good day. I was experiencing quite a lot of pain and discomfort physically today. Maybe life has its sets of pains?

Maybe the pain is meant to remind me that the way to move forward is to slow down?

Sometimes it would be nice if one does not experience pain and discomfort. Yet how dangerous it might be if one is numb to bodily sensations, and does not feel pain at all. If we don't feel the pain, we would lose the ability to respond to risky and dangerous situations which are pain-inducing. If we do not feel pain, we may turn blind to the fact that our body are not as strong as we thought.

***

Anyway, enough of life being one with its set of pains. I am feeling a little tired. I think it must have been due to my sleeping at 2.30 a.m. for the night. I had ended my MSN conversations much much earlier, but someone the programme on the National Geographic Channel last night captured my attention, such that I stayed up to catch it. I did not catch the entire show for I reckon I needed to turn in by 2.30 a.m. or I would be very tired the next day.

Last night, National Geographic was featuring a programme that attempts to uncover the mysteries behind King Tutankhamun's tomb. I wish I could have stayed till the end of the show. Now I still don't know the answer to the mystery behind King Tutankhamun's death. Oh well, I have to learn to bear with the feeling of not knowing.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

i hope the chinese herbs are helping. i will say a prayer for you. *hugs*

pinkie said...

Pain pain ... part and parcel of life ... agree with you, probably it's like you said, time for you to slow down...

crazycat said...

hmm.. too much pain for too long, then u shd have detailed checkup? anwyay, hope u get better soon , ok?