Sunday, May 29, 2005

What's Playing: Dvorak's Symphonies

It is a good thing that I have a National Library Board's Premiere membership, as such, I could loan music CDs from the National Library.

My latest loan is: Antonin Dvorak: The 9 Symphonies. Performed by Berliner Philharmoniker, conducted by Rafael Kubelik.

I was listening to his Symphony No. 7 in d minor, op. 70, and now I am listening to his Symphony No. 8 in G major, op. 88.

I do not know why, but my ears tell me that I enjoyed the third movement of his Symphony No. 8. I like the seemingly unsettling mood found in the Symphony No. 7, just that I think I would need to listen to it for a few more times to better appreciate it.

I was doing some search over the internet, and found this site that writes about Dvorak and his music in quite concise terms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Dvorak

If you know more about Dvorak and his symphonies and won't mind sharing, I shall open up this space in my blog for you to share your comments.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am ashamed to say that I'm completely clueless about this topic. :)
I wanted to say thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments about my daughter's drawing--she enjoyed it.

pinkie said...

Gimme a five! I have subscribed to premium membership cos I'd wanted to borrow the scores from the esplanade library but sad to say, I haven't been doing so :(

Btw, my camera is Kodak too! But it's the cheapest of the range (oh I dun remember the model no.) 3.1 megapixel. I like the recording function best! Do you have any problem downloading the pictures? My brother Richard helps me with this but I heard it often 'hang'...

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Julie, your daughter deserves the praise. =)

Hi Pinkie: A five here! I had once had the membership but only loaned one CD-Rom the entire year, so when I reapplied the membership, I resolute to make good use of it. Give yourself some time.

I don't experience any problem downloading the photos. What I do is that I would first install the Kodak software in the PC or laptop which I hope to download the photos onto. Once I do that, for subsequent downloading of photos, I could just connect the camera to the PC via the USB port using the cables, and the rest comes easy.

pinkie said...

Thanks for the info. My brother did just that but somehow things will go wrong... he suspected some incompatibility.