Sunday, May 29, 2005

The red balloon


The red balloon that I saw near Marina Square. Posted by Hello

For the past few days, I have been attending concerts at the Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. My usual route to get there would be to exit the City Hall MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) train station via the escalators leading to the Raffles City Shopping Centre. Then I would walk towards the War Memorial, past Swissotel Westin, and then take the underground walk-way that leads from the War Memorial Park to the Esplanade. So it means that I would usually bypass the underground walkway-cum-shopping mall, the Citylink Mall. I shall keep my fingers crossed that after releasing information of my usual route, I would still be able to reach the Esplanade safe and sound. I fear stalkers (*laughs*). Then again, I hope whoever reads this post would be one of my ardent readers and supporters, so I should be safe with him/ her.

For the past few occassions, the moment that I exit the City Hall MRT train station via one of the escalators leading to Raffles City Shopping Centre, I would see a big red balloon. The words of the red balloon say: "Uniquely Singapore. http://www.visitsingapore.com".

If I were to have dinner at the Marina Food Loft located at Marina Square, I would also catch glimpses of yet another similar red balloon. The red balloon that you saw on this post is the one located nearby Marina Square.

On the other side of the red balloon, one would find the printed words "The Great Singapore Sale 2005, Join the sale-a-bration!, 27 May to 24 July 2005".

Pardon me please, I am not an ardent shopper. In fact I try to minimise shopping. If I do shop, I avoid the crowds. So I try not to shop when there's a sale, or if I do shop when there's a sale (to get the bargains) I do it early in the morning. I think if I were a shopper, I am a selective one. I don't usually enjoy shopping for fashion or shoes. I would rather shop for books and double-bass related stuff. Anyway, even though it does not quite excite me that the Great Singapore Sale 2005 is now on in Singapore, I thought I'll do a favour to all fellow readers of this blog by sharing this piece of information.

If you would like to visit the official website of Visit Singapore. it's http://www.visitsingapore.com. This site is not just for non-Singapore residents. It is for Singapore residents who wishes to tour Singapore. Enjoy.

No comments: