Saturday, May 21, 2005

Musical Baton?

Crazy cat passed me a musical baton, and I don't know exactly what to do with it, but to take it.

So if I guessed it correctly, I am supposed to answer some questions.

Total volume of music files on my computer:
I don't personally store and save music files on my computer. I play directly from CDs, or listen to the online radio station 92.4FM.

I think my brothers have stored some music files on the computer that I use, but I have no intention to find out the total volume that they have stored, afterall it was not me who have stored them there.

The last CD I bought was:
Butterfly Lovers, composed by Chen Gang and He Zhan-hao. Played by Gil Shaham on the violin and accompanied by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Lan Shui.

Song playing right now:
Only Yesterday performed by Carpenters.

My Top Five (Not in order of preference):
1. Carpenters' compilation album Yesterday Once More: Greatest Hits 1969 to 1983
2. Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op. 64, conducted by Valery Gergiev, performed by Wiener Philharmoniker. (I don't have this album personally, but I quite like listening to the Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony found in this album.)
3. I like Brahms' Symphony No. 4 but I have yet to figure out which recording I would truly prefer.
4. Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2
5. Undecided, I can't think of a fifth option, but I think Bach's music appeals to me in general.

Who to pass this baton to?
Since I am feeling too tired to pass the baton, I shall keep it with me for the moment, but if you would like to claim the baton from me, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

8 comments:

crazycat said...

nice!! u could have done the baton thing when u are less tired!!

I am trying to learn Bach's Air in D Major...hehe, i am juz messing up the song.. being such a beginner and its probably too hard for me right now

Emy said...

hey! pass me pass me!

oceanskies79 said...

I officially declare that I shall pass the baton to Emily.

Jammie J. said...

Heh ... thanks for telling me you did this already. :)

Jammie J. said...

Sorry, that previous comment was me. I was signed into a friend's blog. :)

JellyGirl said...

There's a Gil Shaham recording of Butterfly Lovers? I didn't know that! And I have been searching high and low for his rendition. Where did you find it?

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Jellygirl. Thanks for visiting.

The album by Gil Shaham is a new album. I got it in Singapore, at Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay, when I attended the Singapore Symphony Orchestra's concert. It is still available.

I also know that the album should have be available in the US when the Singapore Symphony Orchestra was there for its concert tour earlier this March.

JellyGirl said...

Thanks! I'll go check out the 'Splade :)