Monday, May 09, 2005

Disjointed post: 9 May 05

Today's post shall be short and possibly, disjointed.

The weather has been good for photography today, but since it is a workday, I did not have the luxury to travel outdoors to take photographs.

Today also marks the first day when I start being a field supervisor to a social work intern. The intern will be at my centre for field placement. I tend to get some self-doubts at the beginning of any endeavours, then again, I should trust myself that I should be able to live up to the expectations as a qualified field supervisor. Hey, I have read at least one and a half books (going on to two full books) just to prepare myself to be more aware of issues related to field placement and field supervision. Of course, I could do more along the way.

Now I am wondering how Mystic has been. Hopefully she is enjoying herself right now. I look forward to a more recharged Mystic.

I practised on the double bass this evening. 45 minutes on the double bass. Sight-read several double bass pieces taken from Hartley Double Bass Solo 2. These include double bass solo excerpts from Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 Presto and Allegro assai, Britten's The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra Variation H, Stravinsky's Pulcinella Suite Vivo, Verdi's Otello Act 4 Poco piu mosso. Also played some exercises from F. Simandl's. I like the Beethoven's piece among them all.

4 comments:

Chopin said...

Hi! Thanks for your comments. I have never read the book u mentioned due to to many years of negligence. I am quite a shallow person essentially. U are so lucky to attend those bass masterclasses! I barely have the strength to play running notes nowadays. Haha! Btw, do I happen to know u?

mistipurple said...

u're such a conscientious worker. i am definite you will do justice to your job.

Lora said...

I have no doubt that you will do a very good job as a field supervisor. You would never have been given the duty if your boss had doubts in you and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you feel more comfortable in this endeavor.

Chopin said...

Ok. Thanks anyway!