Saturday, April 16, 2005

Worth listening

After 80 minutes of practice on the double bass earlier this morning, I decided to treat my ears to music.

Actually, I had to return two CD albums that I had borrowed from the library by today. So I decided that I should spend some time listening to them.

It is a pleasure for the ears to listen to Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op. 64, conducted by Valery Gergiev, performed by Wiener Philharmoniker.

I don't know if this is the right way to describe my experience of listening to it, I just like the energy from this piece of work. It feels like a depiction and release of one's inner struggles. That is just my personal experience. I shall leave the analysis and interpretation to the music experts.

The orchestra that I am playing in will finally be playing this symphony, complete. This is something worth looking forward to.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Pei Yun

Thank you, for your recommendation. I hope that you enjoyed your concert and your weekend off.

mistipurple said...

happy to hear you can find much solace in listening and playing music. that is indeed a gift!