Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Lessons to learn

I met with a challenging issue at work today. Though it is not related to my clients or my cases, I shall decline to elaborate much about it here.

I think some lessons I need to learn are:
  1. I should ask others to allow myself to have more time to think through before I vocalise my final decisions.
  2. I can be quite soft-hearted and I need to be aware of it.
  3. I may need some time to process through to try my best to communicate my intentions as accurately as possible, so as to reduce the risk of having my intentions perceived wrongly.


Special thanks to Mystic for listening to me and my challenging issue. It helps to get the issue off my chest, and allow me to think aloud and work out more effective ways to manage similar situations in the future.

3 comments:

Waterfall said...

Pei Yun, hope you are able to work through the issues. Sometimes it's better to step away from a situation (particularly an emotional one) in order to get our thoughts together before we can express them. Good for you for seeing that certain needs must be met before you can communicate your thoughts more effectively with others. I am the same way--too soft-hearted for my own good, and not very good at communicating when those emotions come into play!

Anonymous said...

pei yun, I am not a dire hard blogger either. I just started blogging in feb. I know there are literally millons of blogs, but I am a little nervous posting comments because I am such a terrible speller. maybe you would like to read my blog this is the address, http://issomeonelistening.blogspot.com most of it is just rambling and complaining about my ex. you would have to start reading the posts in feb, to get the whole jist of it, you will find that most of the time it is quite amusing. you and I live along ways apart, literally on opposite sides of the world. I live in canada in the maritime provinces. If I notice that you have commented on my blog I will contiue to read yours.

Anonymous said...

also I notice that it is already april 13th where you are, it is only eight fifteen the 12of april where I am, and we just got lanbased with another huge snow fall, I haven't been able to get my car out of the drive way all day! waiting for the guy to come and plow me out.