Monday, March 28, 2005

Night of Baroque Music

This evening, I attended a concert titled A Baroque Celebration. I won myself a pair of tickets to this concert about a fornight ago.

I have the pleasure to have the company of one of my good friends throughout the concert.

Here's the programme for the concert:
  • Dietrich Buxtehude - Sonata á 3 in G, BuxWV.271
  • Marin Marais - The Bells of St. Genevieve of Paris
  • J.S Bach - Brandenburg Concerto no. 6
  • Johann Rosenmüller - Sonata 12 á 5
  • Antonio Vivaldi - Concerto no.1 from La Stravaganza, RV.383a
  • Antonio Vivaldi - Sonata in D minor op.1 no.12 RV.63, 'La Follia'


My favourites for this concert were Bach's Brandenburg Concerto no 6., Vivaldi's Concerto no.1 and Vivaldi's Sonata in D minor. I think they were reasonably well-played, and they sounded appealing to my ears.

I shall not be the critique tonight, so I shall not write in too much length about the concert. I could just sum up to say that I enjoyed the concert. Baroque music still rings in my ears.

My dear friend enjoyed the concert too. I am glad that she did.

For me, maybe the best thing that came out from this concert was that I had a chance to catch up a bit with my friend. Finally, here's wishing my friend a night of sound and good rest.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

you are a sweet person. you treasure your friends well.

Waterfall said...

Sounds like it was a great concert, Pei Yun. I love baroque music (but you already knew that!). Glad you were able to take your friend along, and that your friend enjoyed it as well.