Sunday, March 27, 2005

Last Sunday of March 2005

Today, we had orchestra rehearsal. We got to play the fourth movement of the Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony. I think it is the most challenging and exciting movement for the double basses for this symphony.

I did not have the pleasure to have Dinah as my stand partner today. MC, our young budding double bassist was my stand partner so that I could better guide him along. I shared with him about how to play certain passages as discretly as possible during the short break that we had, but I ain't sure how much would be assimilated. Anyway, hopefully, he would practise on his own and be able to play the entire symphony with greater ease in the near future. We will be having sectionals with our double bass tutor the coming Wednesday, but unfortunately, MC had to miss it.

Rehearsal ended early today. Dinah, Emily, Qiuhui and myself proceeded to Holland Village after the rehearsals for early dinner. I understand that Holland Village is a place where the expatriates often hang out. This place is also very popular with the yuppies. We had Vietnamese food for dinner. It was considered quite healthy and tasty.

Afterwhich, Qiuhui led us to one of the shopping centres in the area and we ended up window shopping. There were some exquisite items that I saw at the shop, but I was not in the mood for shopping, so I did not get anything at all. Qiuhui went to the supermarket to get some food items for her lunch tomorrow.

Our last stop at Holland Village was Häagen-Dazs, the ice-cream restaurant. I felt my throat was not well for ice-cream, so I ordered a hazelnut cake. It was a little too sweet for my taste.

I was pretty tired by the time we left for the restaurant. Anyway, I was glad that I had played the fourth movement of the Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony for today's rehearsal. Somehow, it was replayed in my mind while I was on my way home.

On my way home, I received a message from Mystic via the short-message-system of the mobile phone. I hope she would feel better tomorrow when she wakes up from her night of sleep. Take care Mystic.

1 comment:

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Lauren, sorry. My fault, it should read "am not".