Wednesday, March 02, 2005

He consoles, he gladdens

I started the day not feeling quite well. It must have been the weather, the heavy workload and the stale air in the office that have made me feel the initial symptoms of a headache.

The internet connection for the entire office has been down since yesterday's afternoon. Even though we had gotten the technician to come on both yesterday and today to the office to rectify the problem, the problem could not be resolved as yet. Meantime, I could only keep my fingers crossed that the problem could be rectified, and the internet connection could resume working order very soon. I feel rather handicapped without the internet connection to serve for information about other social service agencies, and to send emails to colleagues and working partners.

The day has been rather busy, and I felt very tired by the end of the work day. Solemn was the mood. It was hard to talk about how listless the day has been. I could say it takes a very wise and attentive person to be aware of the nuances of what goes on deep in me. Few has been able to achieve this.

To clarify, the day was not a bad one actually. In fact, there were some good moments that had happened during the day. I was conducting a group programme for children with my colleague, and the children have generally been cooperative and responsive today. It was probably the weather and the heavy load, that have made me feel tired.

Perhaps my dear "husband" could be considered the wise and the attentive? He seemed to have heard my listlessness when I played on him tonight. He attended to my feelings, and he was wise to simply keep me company. I dare say that he consoles and he gladdens.

Earlier tonight, I practised the D major and b minor scales. Next, I practised the Bach's Suite No. 2 to work on the strings-crossing and the intonation. Somehow, the gloomy sense of listlessness lightened with the company of my dear "husband", the double bass. Thank you dear.

3 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I'm sorry you're feeling melancholy. As you found, though, music soothes. Hmmm. (hug)

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Jeanette. Thank you for the comforting words.

oceanskies79 said...

By the way Jeanette, I seem to have some difficulties logging in to your blog. I haven't been able to visit your blog for a while for your updates, I hope things have been fine on your side?