Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Switched to Firefox

With the advice from my dear brother, I decided to switch to using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. I decided to do the switch even when I am at my work-place. So this morning, I installed Mozilla Firefox on my work-place PC.

I have had enough of the spywares! The Internet Explorer software at my home seems crazy! I can't even log in to hotmail.com using Internet Explorer at home. But on the same computer, I could use Mozilla Firefox to log in to the hotmail site.

I was told that Mozilla Firefox allows one to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser. So far, it did proved to be faster and more efficiently.

The only complaint that I have is that somehow I could not install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) plugins at all to support me to view certain websites using Mozilla Firefox. I could only install the next latest of the JRE plugins. There is this particular page that I need to visit regularly, and somehow I have difficulties clicking on certain features found on that webpage if I were to use Mozilla Firefox rather than Internet Explorer.

If this can be resolved, Mozilla Firefox will seem perfect and I will be fully sold to the idea of encouraging everyone to switch to Mozilla Firefox.

4 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I primarily run firefox now, too, after my pop up nightmare. Like you, however, I've discovered some webpages just don't display correctly. I keep IE around for such an occasion.

After running Firefox for month or so, I ran the AdAware scan and there were NO NEW THINGS that it found. THAT was awesome!

Goat Almighty said...

when i read your blog, i feel at peace. it's like you emit this peaceful sensation through your blog. very good english and a unique manner of bringing your thoughts into writing too.

do i sound nuts?

anyway, i use firefox and thunderbird by mozilla but keep ie on the side for reasons explained by jeanette, clear my cache, history and delete cookies each time i'm done with the net as well as clear up irrelevant files and folders and defragment my hard drive right after i run spybot and adaware each week.

small price to pay to have my laptop run a little longer. can't afford to have it die on me now, can i?

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Mr Loobz, thank you very much for your compliments.

It feels assuring to hear you share about your experience using firebox and the other software. Seems like they do work quite well in keeping out those annoying junks.

Meantime, best wishes, and cheering you on for what you are doing.

Goat Almighty said...

hip hip hooray!