Friday, February 25, 2005

I am feeling upset

I am feeling upset. This evening we had evening rehearsals. I took out the double bass that I would usually use at the orchestra. This double bass does not belong to me, but I have been playing on it for all the rehearsals since mid last year.

I don't like the way that the orchestra's double basses are being kept in the temporary storage rooms. There is no proper double bass case or padded bag to store the double basses in. I was already feeling pretty upset that the bridge of the double bass that I have been playing on has been slightly knocked out of its position. I also felt pretty unpleased that the seams of a few of the other double basses have split opened, probably due to lack of protection from the external environment.

The thing that most upsets me today is that the sound-post of that double bass that I was playing on came off. Since I have no skills nor the right tools to repair it, I could not play on my usual double bass this evening. I am missing it. In order that I do not miss this evening's rehearsal, I played on another double bass this evening. However, it took quite a while to adjust to it. This other double bass that I played this evening just felt so different from the double bass that I have been playing on. I bet my intonation more terrible than usual for this evening's rehearsal.

I am feeling very upset over this matter, and the best way to console me is to help get my usual double bass repaired and sounding nice like it has used to be. I keep my fingers crossed that the luthier do a good job to get it nicely repaired.

Meantime, please beware. I can act quite nastily when I am upset.

5 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

i hope the double bass doctor does a good job. don't want a nasty pei yun around.

ruoxin said...

yarh i tink so too~~ but a sound pole fallin off shld be better than the neck of a cello being ripped apart!! SIGH...anyway, i think we'll contact mx abt e repairs.. :) -rx-

mistipurple said...

hush.. heavens no! cello's neck ripped off! the thought of it! you dont want to send pei yun under her blanket! hushabye all is well, sleep tight pei yun dear!

oceanskies79 said...

RX: It is so sad that the neck of the cello was ripped.

I think I will be extremely sad and upset if the neck of my double bass was ripped. The neck is supposely one of the strongest parts on the double bass and it will be a great shame if someone had ripped it off.

Mistipurple: thanks for your comforting words.

Mr Loobz: Yes, I hope the luthier does a good job.

ruoxin said...

huh..yarh..but a bass neck was ripped apart before ..last yr... by the same people ah... ^_^