Thursday, February 03, 2005

Excuse 2: I'm tired

I have been feeling tired for most part of the day. I slept at about 12.50 a.m. in the night after a tiring round of loading and unloading double basses after last night's reheasals. Of course, I must admit that I have been too insistent on posting an entry on my blog last night, and that had led me to sleep late.

When I am tired, you will find that I hardly even wish to talk. I would just quietly listen and wait for others to say what I had wanted to say. This happened during today's case conference. During case conferences, one of the professional staff will present one of his/ her case, and get the professional team to discuss and make contributions. In hope to get some inputs from me, my director asked if I had anything to add, I could only give her the answer that "Whatever I had wanted to say has been said by others".

The truth is that I was feeling tired and rather drained already in the morning. I needed some personal space with myself in order to recharge. Now that you know, please excuse me if you were to find me so much quieter than usual. I am probably not angry or upset, I am just tired and trying to recharge in my very own way.

Later the day, a friend of mine shared with me something. At that moment, I could merely respond with a "thanks for the compliments", but I could not respond beyond that. Feeling a sense of awkwardness, I had to excuse myself saying that I was tired and brush the topic aside... Tired, I was indeed.

Maybe I need to take the hint and slow down a bit for now. More importantly, to sleep earlier. As such, I shall end this post now. Take care.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

thanks for reply pei yun. you asked if things were manageable at my end. well, i am drifting between looking at things squarely, and being an ostrich. with so many things so out of my control, i can't do fair much except thus. but i do remember baby steps... baby steps... goo goo ga ga..