Thursday, February 24, 2005

Bb major and g minor scales work-out

After the phone conversation with Mystic, I took some time to prepare to practise on the double bass. My instrument is at least 2 metres tall, and it took me sometime to carry it to a part of my home where there is a CD player. I had wanted to play the CD on which my piano accompaniment was recorded on.

I practised the Bb major and g minor scales tonight. Playing scales did not seem as difficult as it used to be.

After playing the two scales, I took a break from practising. Afterwhich, I went back to attempt to practise to get the fingerings for a section from the first movement of Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony.

Eventually, after realising it was pretty late (11.15 p.m.), I called practice a day.

2 comments:

Waterfall said...

Oh, shoot. I was hoping to procrastinate a bit before going to practice my scales, and your blog made me realize I shouldn't procrastinate much longer.

(Thanks!) :-)

mistipurple said...

hehe. only exams would make me practise my scales. ya, i am a bad gal.