Sunday, January 02, 2005

What's install in year 2005?

The weather continues to be wet for today. Overall, I just have a sense of being unfocused. There is no clarity of goals. I have yet any resolution that seem to worth pursuing for the rest of the year. I wish I have a clearer sense of the directions I could take for year 2005, but I have yet any.

When there is no clarity, no direction, I often have a feeling of having my energy scattered. There is possibly no way for me to reach the "in the flow" state of experience at this stage. I shall just be aware of this, and not resist this feeling of scatterness. Somehow, the more I resist this feeling, the more it would sustain. I shall just try to be more aware of all those tiny moments when I felt a slight clarity of direction, perhaps that would help me become clearer and clearer as time goes by.

Some of the things I would like to learn in days to come by would be as follow, but I won't dare say that these would be my resolutions for year 2005:


  • Learn to be more kind on the feelings of others when I offer my objective criticisms, often too candid.
  • Learn to drive and get a driving licence, so that I could chauffeur my instrument (the double bass) around should I need to bring it out of home.
  • Learn to be more disciplined in working on my double bass techniques (including scales and arpeggios, bowing, vibrato)
  • Learn to be more auditory aware, through ear-training.
  • Learn to be more willing to be open about sharing my innermost feelings and thoughts to others when it is necessary.
  • Learn to be more disciplined in exercising to keep myself fitter.
  • Learn a European language (probably German or Italian).
  • Learn something new, simply for the joy of learning.

Anyone care to share yours?

No comments: