Sunday, January 02, 2005

Brunch with Friends

I shall treasure whatever free time that I had for this weekend, for I expect that I would be busy with work and rehearsals for the next two weeks.

Orchestra rehearsals will resume coming Wednesday, and I was informed that there will be rehearsals on 7, 9, 13, 14 and 15 Jan. The Yellow River Cantata performance will be staged on the 16 Jan 05 at the Esplanade Concert Hall. Tickets for the performance seem to be running out fast. All the Category 4 to Category 8 tickets have been sold out. For the sake of the chance of playing the Cantata at the Esplanade Concert Hall, I shall bear with the seemingly hectic lifestyle that would come.

This morning, I had brunch with two of my good friends. It was to celebrate the birthday of one of them. We had brunch at Coffee Club. I quite like the sandwich that I had. The bread was nice, the cheese and cranberry sauce went well with it, and I like the taste of mustard with the lettuces. The only thing I would to be different was the layout of the chairs and tables. While the chairs were comfortable, I find that there was a lack of space between the chairs and tables.

Whatever it is, it is nice catching up with friends. I haven't seen one of them since August; and the other since September, though we often communicated via MSN.

There was a kind gentleman who offered to help us take a group photo before we left the restaurant. He was also a customer of the restaurant. It was very nice of him, and I appreciate his thoughtfulness.

A side thought though: I think I should learn my lesson, that in order to do people's kindness justice, in future I should just simply put my camera to "Auto" mode and not "Night-shot" mode if I were to ask others to take pictures for me. Sure, I may not get picture-perfect effects, but I won't risk having unfocused pictures either. The thing about taking pictures in the "Night-shot" mode is that one's hands needs to be real steady. So, I shall bear full responsibility of the consequence of having an unfocused picture.

Anyway, an unfocused picture won't dampen my moods for the day. At the most, I could take another picture with these two friends of mine again, the next time that we meet.

No comments: