Friday, December 10, 2004

Vincent van Gogh

Somehow I start to empathise with the plight of one of my favourite artists. He has a deep passion for nature, and all things beautiful that nature has to offer. He has a deep passion for arts. Yet, it seems that many of the times, he was not well understood. His only confidant is his younger brother who gave him support despite all difficult times.

I wonder where I could get the song track for Don McLean's Vincent? It is somehow ringing in my mind. This site (The Vincent van Gogh Gallery) has a page with the lyrics of Vincent: http://www.vangoghgallery.com/misc/mclean.htm Yes, admittedly, I am quite a melancholic person many a times, to be able to find sadness in a song like this.

Anyway, to side-track, The Vincent van Gogh Gallery is one of the most comprehensive website around on the art and life of Vincent van Gogh. Do support it: http://www.vangoghgallery.com/

For now, I shall just write to myself, and hopefully, writing will be the best therapy.

No comments: