Sunday, December 26, 2004

Mission Accomplished: My Tourism Passport


Terry the Tourist Posted by Hello

Terry the Tourist, is one of the soft toys from the Pride of Lions Limited Edition collection. To be able to own and take home one of these limited Pride of Lions collectibles, one would need to collect ten different stamps on his/ her "My Tourism Passport".

Basically, there are 39 listed participating attractions or tours. When one visits one of these listed Uniquely Singapore attractions or tours, one will get a unique stamp. Collect ten different stamps on one's "My Tourism Passport", and one receives a limited edition Pride of Lions soft toy.

There are five versions of Lions, and I chose Terry the Tourist. Now, I wonder what to do with it. My nose is a little allegic to soft-toys, so putting it for display in my room is quite a no-no. I may have to consider putting it up for adoption if I cannot find any other ways to do justice to it.

It took quite a while to collect the ten stamps. I think I had received my very first stamp in late August this year. I was taking the Hippo Tour with a friend of mine. No wonder the lady who was serving me at the counter when I was redeeming the soft toy had commented that I had perserved to visit ten attractions. Possibly, if I had been a tourist of Singapore, it would have been easier to collect ten stamps? Being a local, I was limited by time to tour those attractions or take part in those tours only on my non-working days.

I think I must have been quite a loner, or in a positive sense, a person who can be terribly independent. Except for the Hippo Tour, I had went on all other tours and attractions alone by myself.

Well, I did get acquainted with a few tourists when I was participating in the Original Singapore Walks - On the Forbidden Ground, but truly, I had went for it alone, without having any friends along. So if no one else had turned up for the walk on that day, I would be the only person on the tour other than the guide. Of course, this would happen rarely.

Perhaps it is me. Well, while I lament that no one is truly motivated to share my world, I had few motivations to put in effort to bring people to share my world either. Yours truly probably fears intrusion of privacy more than time alone. Would this be an irony for someone who seeks to be understood and be connected?

Anyway, it is a day of accomplishing a mission. I have completed collecting ten different stamps on "My Tourism Passport", and my prize is Terry the Tourist. Here is a description about Terry:

The Well-travelled local who changes his passport evey year.
He roars "I love you" in 39 different languages.
He aims to travel on every single budget airline that lands in Singapore.


Terry's not quite like me. But he can be considered a source of pride for me today.

By the way, there is a Grand Lucky Draw to all participants who have completed their collection of ten different stamps. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I could get the first prize. Then I can get some nice gifts for family and friends.

For now, showcasing Terry.


For adoption? Posted by Hello


Smiling Terry. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

merry christmas pei yun! Terry is cute, and so is your hubby! ;)

Lion said...

wow...maybe I should start my own card as well...since i love going to so-called tourist places like the zoo...etc...soon my room will be filled with LIONS!!