Sunday, December 05, 2004

A Lovely Brunch at Father Flanagan's

I have my friend to thank for being obliging to my request to have brunch at Father Flanagan's. At the same time, I am sorry to her if I had been a little harsh on her unintentionally over her being late and over the issue of returning me a heavy book so untimely today. Lately, I have been so frustrated with things that I find I needed more effort to be patient and kind. How draining it can be, to be continuously subjecting oneself to matters of frustration. Anyway, this is the Little Prince's rose's way of apologising.

Anyway, we had brunch at Father Flanagan's. I had wanted to get the Brunch Set, but I feared it was too heavy for my appetite, so I settled for the Morning, Noon & Night Fry Up. It consisted of Pork sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, baked beans, fried eggs, chips and thick-cut country toast. It tastes nice, and filling enough for brunch.

I quite like the cosy ambience of Father Flanagan's. I guess I shalln't describe much of it, for it might be better for you to go there and experience it first hand. Anyway, Father Flanagan's is suppose to be designed and built in typical Irish pub style, so this may be sufficient to set you imagining how it would look like.

There was quite a number of folks this afternoon when I was there, mostly non-Asians, who were also enjoying Brunch at Father Flanagan's. We were fortunate to get to listen to an artiste who sang and played on the guitar while we dine away. I quite like his singing and playing, the songs that he performed had been pleasant to listen to. When I asked, I was told that he would only perform during the Sundays of the Christmas season. So for folks who love listening to live music when brunching, please consider going to Father Flanagan's one of these few Sundays.

Hopefully, this lovely brunch will cool me down from my frustrations, and start me on a good note for this week.

Before I end, here's the address of Father Flanagan's: Chijmes, #B1-06; Tel: (65) 6333 1418

  • Opening hours: Sunday & Monday: 11 am - midnight; Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 11 am - 1 am; Friday & Saturday: 11 am - 2 am. (Happy Hours: 11.30 am - 8 pm)
  • Sunday Brunch from 11.30am to 3pm

No comments: