Monday, December 13, 2004

Botero in Singapore (Photos)


"Head", Bronze, 1999. By Botero. Catch the most comprehensive survey exhibition in Asia of the works of Fernando Botero. 9 Dec 2004 - 27 Feb 2005. Posted by Hello


Botero's "Leda and the Swan", Bronze, 1996. Catch it at the Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Posted by Hello


"Reclining Woman", Bronze, 2003. Now at the Esplanade Park. Posted by Hello


Botero's "Man on a Horse", Bronze, 1999. Try to guess where this is from the background. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder how many singaporeans know that 'leda and the swan' depicts a rape scene from greek mythology. no, the girl is not playing with the swan. take that, censors and conservative freaks!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Anonymous (I wonder if I know you personally?), thanks for the comments. It's enlightening for me, for I ain't into Greek mythology. That got me to search for more background information on Leda and the Swan. Thanks.