Sunday, November 14, 2004

Today's Discovery

Today happens to be yet another holiday. It is Hari Raya Puasa, the day which signifies the end of a month-long fasting period known as Ramadan in the Islamic calendar. On this day of festivity, Muslims spend the day visiting relatives and friends in a celebration of thanksgiving, feasting and alms-giving. (Source: http://www.visitsingapore.com/hariraya/).

My parents were both at home doing some kind of spring cleaning. I have no wish to be there. The detergents and dust from the spring cleaning were irritating my nose. So I decided I should just be out of my home, even though I was actually feeling rather tired to do too much walking.

I took a bus to the area near City Hall. I walked around with no particular aim. I made a small discovery today when I was at Marina Square, Singapore. I found out that there is a new food court there that was opened recently. It is called the Marina Food Loft.


Newly Opened Marina Food Loft Posted by Hello

The views from the balconies of this food court are pretty nice. Some views face the Clifford Pier, others face the merlion. A pity that it was raining when I was at the food court, if not, the views might have been much nicer with a clearer weather.


View from Marina Food Loft, on a rainy day. Posted by Hello


Rainy day view. Posted by Hello

The food court is pretty spacious, and I quite like its simple and spacious layout. This food court will be one possible place to have dinner before I go for concerts at the nearby Esplanade, Theatres by the Bay. The prices of the food are affordable too. I was trying to browse the selection of food at the food court, and some of the selections are: Yong Tau Foo, Minced Meat Noodles, Korean cuisine, Japanese food, Western food, Malay food and more.

To check out the Marina Food Loft, it is located on the fourth level (I think) of Marina Square. Perhaps it is easier to find it if one goes to the second level, and walk towards the Star Bucks Coffee Cafe. Then one can walk up the stairs to the third level, and take the escalators up to the Marina Food Loft.

No comments: