Friday, October 22, 2004

Season of the Rain

It is a rainy day today. This afternoon, it was pouring.

It can be interesting to listen to the rhythms of the raindrops falling down. It is like a new genre of music. Raindrop music? The raindrops even have unique pitches!

Melancholy is the mood that the rain has brought. Yet again, there's a sense of renewal. But I suppose today's rain is an inconvenience.

Too much of the rain may spoil the day. I have no heart to return my library books today, because the rain has left the skies a little less bright, and the paths wetter. Besides, it will be an hour-and-a-half journey to travel to the library, which is in the West of Singapore. I have no mood to go any where in this weather. I just hope to rest, and I better do.

I just hope the weather would be kind to me tomorrow. I prefer a dry, breezy, cloudy and fine weather.

But the weather isn't under my control. The best I could do is to find some ways to make the most out of it. So I did, I went through the Inbox on my office's email browser and deleted about 700 unwanted emails. Of course, I did more than that. But I highlighted the deletion of the unwanted emails because it took me about more than 8 months before I had actually sat down to get it done today. Hopefully, there is less junk in the Inbox from today. Well, maybe the rain did help afterall?

No comments: