Sunday, October 31, 2004

Ringing in My Ears

Perhaps I am beginning to love the song just like one of my colleauges have been, this song has been ringing in my ears for the past week. It's a pretty nice song, to my opinion. Let me share some of the lyrics from this by the Carpenters (though I think it is actually the tune that goes so well with the lyrics that make the song nice and meant for Karen Carpenter) :


Day after day I must face a world of strangers

Where I don't belong. I'm not that strong

It's nice to know that there's someone I can turn to

Who will always care, you're always there

When there's no getting over that rainbow

When my smallest of dreams won't come true

I can take all the madness the world has to give

But I won't last a day without you



- I Won't Last A Day Without You
Produced by Jack Daugherty
Written by Pauls Williams, Roger Nichols
Published by Almo Music Corp. (ASCAP)

*Grin*, I haven't found a person whom I could last a day without, but I do hope I could have the power to take most of the madness that the world has to give. Life just has too many of such madness to be faced each day as challenges.

Whatever it is, I am loving the songs by the Carpenters more and more as I listen to their songs. Their songs are so nice to harmonise to. Karen Carpenter can really sing and connect with her listeners.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

for many years, in my teens to my late thirties, (am way past those years now. grin.)i have been singing this song also, esp. in my melancholic moments. haha, now it becomes obvious i have a rather "dark" side to my character!

another song that has accompanied me throughout those years, goes like this..(eh..may have gotten some words wrong, must excuse me..haha, sorry also forgotten the title, thought it was "you are everything" but that brought another song to mind instead!)

t'day i saw somebody
he looks just like you
he walks like you do
i thought it was you
as he turned the corner
i called out your name
i felt so ashamed
that it wasnt you..
you are everything
everything is you
...you are everything, etc

Well...it brings back memories, and yes, i sang "i wont last a day without you" alot too!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi mistipurple, I'm pleased that this post brings you back memories. I hope there are some pleasant memories there were being recollected.

I like this part of the lyrics of "I won't last a day without you" as well, I suppose you could have sang it too? :

Touch me and I end up singing
Troubles seem to up and disappear
You touch me with the love you're bringing
I can't really lose when you are near

mistipurple said...

perhaps my experience during then were more melancholic, so the "touch me and i end up singing" didnt play up so much, though i do know the song well enough!