Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It has been raining cats and dogs for at least the past half an hour.

I am in my office, still relatively dry, albeit my shoes being a little wet from my going out for lunch about 15 minutes ago.

I am trying to be hopeful that the rain would soon go away. In about an hour's time, I have to leave my office to travel to a place about 3 bus-stops away, and it would be good if the rain has stopped by then.

Somehow, the rain reminds me of the song titled "Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters. It gives one a gloomy feel at times.

At times, however, the rain reminds me of a sense of renewal. After the rain, the dirt and dust get washed away. The sun returns, and perhaps a rainbow would appear to delight one's day.

Anyway, if it helps to make my little wish come true, I shall be happy to hum the Nursery Rhyme tune of "Rain, Rain, Go Away" in my mind. Have a pleasant day anyway.

No comments: